Are you ready to experience all that Italy has to offer in just five days? This itinerary will guide you through the most iconic and beautiful destinations in Italy, from Rome to the Amalfi Coast. You’ll see famous landmarks, taste delicious food, and immerse yourself in the rich culture and history of this amazing country. Follow this guide and make the most of your time in Italy!
Day 1: Rome
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Start your day with a tour of the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, and the Pantheon. These ancient landmarks will give you a glimpse into the history and culture of Rome.
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Grab lunch at a local trattoria and try some classic Italian dishes such as carbonara or cacio e pepe.
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Visit the Trevi Fountain and throw a coin over your shoulder to make a wish. Then, walk through the charming streets of the historic center and do some shopping at the local markets.
- 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM: Finish your day with a sunset view of Rome from the top of the Janiculum Hill.
Day 2: Tuscany
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Drive to Tuscany and visit the beautiful town of Siena. Walk through the narrow streets and see the famous Piazza del Campo, where the Palio horse race takes place.
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Have lunch at a winery in the Chianti region and taste some of the best wines in Italy.
- 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Visit the medieval town of San Gimignano and see its famous towers. Then, drive to the town of Pienza and see the beautiful landscape of the Val d’Orcia.
- 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM: Check into your accommodation in the heart of the Tuscan countryside and relax after a full day of exploring.
Day 3: Amalfi Coast
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Drive to the Amalfi Coast and visit the charming town of Positano. Walk through the narrow streets lined with colorful houses and see the beautiful views of the Mediterranean Sea.
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Have lunch at a seafood restaurant and try some local specialties such as fried calamari or spaghetti alle vongole.
- 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Visit the town of Amalfi and see the famous Amalfi Cathedral. Then, take a boat tour of the coast and see the beautiful grottoes and coves.
- 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM: Check into your hotel in the town of Ravello and enjoy the stunning views of the coast.
Day 4: Pompeii and Naples
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Drive to the ancient city of Pompeii and see the well-preserved ruins of this once-thriving Roman city.
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Have lunch in the nearby town of Sorrento and try some traditional Neapolitan dishes such as pizza and pastiera.
- 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Visit the city of Naples and see the famous Naples Cathedral and the Castel dell’Ovo. Then, walk through the lively streets of the Spaccanapoli neighborhood and try some authentic Italian street food.
- 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM: Return to your hotel in Ravello and relax after a full day of sightseeing.
Day 5: Rome
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Drive back to Rome and visit the Vatican City. See the beautiful architecture of St. Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel.
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Have lunch at a local trattoria and try some more traditional Roman dishes such as saltimbocca or trippa alla romana.
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Visit the Borghese Gallery and see the works of famous artists such as Raphael and Caravaggio.
- 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM: Finish your trip with a farewell dinner at a rooftop restaurant with a view of the city.
This itinerary will allow you to see the best of Italy in just five days. From the ancient ruins of Rome and Pompeii to the stunning coast of the Amalfi Coast and the picturesque towns of Tuscany, you’ll experience all that Italy has to offer. The delicious food, beautiful landmarks, and rich culture will surely make this a trip to remember.