The Netherlands is a small yet charming country that offers a lot to visitors. With picturesque landscapes, historic cities, and friendly locals, it’s no surprise that this country is a popular tourist destination. If you only have 5 days to explore this beautiful country, you can still experience some of its best highlights. In this itinerary, we’ll guide you through the best attractions and activities to make the most of your time in the Netherlands.
- 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM: Start your day with a visit to the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam. Learn about their story and the history of Amsterdam during the war.
- 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM: Take a stroll around the Jordaan neighborhood, known for its picturesque streets and local boutiques. Stop by the Noordermarkt, a weekly market that sells fresh produce, flowers, and antiques.
- 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Head to the Rijksmuseum, which is home to some of the most famous Dutch artwork in the world. Admire masterpieces by Rembrandt, Vermeer, and other Dutch artists.
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM: End your day with a relaxing canal cruise. Amsterdam is known for its beautiful canals, and a boat ride is the best way to take in the city’s stunning architecture.
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Start your day with a visit to the Keukenhof Gardens, which is home to over 7 million tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths. Take a walk through the gardens and admire the stunning colors of the flowers.
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Head to The Hague, the political capital of the Netherlands. Visit the Binnenhof, which is the Dutch parliament, and admire the Gothic architecture of the Ridderzaal (Knight’s Hall).
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Visit the Mauritshuis museum, which is home to some of the most famous Dutch paintings, including Vermeer’s “Girl with a Pearl Earring.”
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM: End your day by taking a walk along Scheveningen beach, known for its long sandy shores and picturesque pier.
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Start your day by visiting the Kinderdijk windmills, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. These 19 windmills were built in the 18th century to help drain water from the low-lying land.
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Head to Rotterdam, the largest port city in Europe. Take a tour of the Rotterdam Harbor, one of the busiest ports in the world.
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Visit the Markthal, a food market known for its colorful murals and unique architecture. Sample some of the local cheeses, meats, and seafood.
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM: End your day with a visit to the Euromast, a tower that offers stunning panoramic views of Rotterdam and the surrounding areas.
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Start your day with a visit to the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. This museum is home to the largest collection of Van Gogh’s artwork in the world.
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Head to the Jordaan neighborhood for a lunch of traditional Dutch dishes, such as bitterballen (deep-fried meatballs) and stamppot (mashed potatoes with vegetables).
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Visit the Nemo Science Museum, which is a great place for kids and adults alike. Explore the interactive exhibits and learn about science in a fun and engaging way.
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM: End your day with a visit to the A’DAM Lookout, a tower that offers stunning views of Amsterdam from 100 meters above ground. Take a ride on Europe’s highest swing and see the city from a unique perspective.
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Start your day by visiting the city of Utrecht, known for its beautiful canals and historic buildings. Take a walking tour of the city and visit the Dom Tower, the tallest church tower in the Netherlands.
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Have lunch at one of the local cafes or restaurants in Utrecht, and try some of the traditional Dutch dishes such as kroketten (croquettes) and poffertjes (mini Dutch pancakes).
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM: Visit the Museum Catharijneconvent, which is dedicated to the history of Christianity in the Netherlands. Admire the beautiful artwork and learn about the country’s religious heritage.
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM: End your day with a visit to the Amsterdam Light Festival (available from December to January). Admire the stunning light installations that illuminate the city during the winter months.
This 5-day itinerary allows you to experience the best of the Netherlands, from its iconic canals and historic cities to its beautiful tulip fields and windmills. You’ll also have the opportunity to try some of the delicious Dutch cuisine and learn about the country’s rich culture and history. Don’t miss the chance to visit this charming and beautiful country.