Are you planning a trip to Amsterdam and wondering what to do in just 3 days? Look no further! We’ve put together a comprehensive itinerary that will allow you to experience the best of what Amsterdam has to offer. From its iconic canals to its world-class museums, Amsterdam is a city that has something for everyone. So grab your walking shoes and let’s get started!
- 9:00am-10:30am: Start your day off with a hearty breakfast at a local café. We recommend trying the traditional Dutch pancakes or the hearty broodje kaas (cheese sandwich).
- 10:30am-12:00pm: Take a leisurely stroll through the Jordaan neighborhood, known for its charming narrow streets, boutiques, and art galleries. Don’t forget to snap a photo with the iconic “I amsterdam” letters!
- 12:00pm-1:00pm: Lunchtime! Head to the Albert Cuyp Market to try some of the local specialties, such as herring or raw sausage.
- 1:00pm-4:00pm: After lunch, visit the Anne Frank House to learn about the young diarist’s life in hiding during World War II. The museum often has long lines, so be sure to book tickets in advance.
- 4:00pm-6:00pm: End your first day with a canal cruise to see the city from a different perspective. As you sail through the canals, listen to your guide’s commentary about the city’s history and architecture.
- 9:00am-10:30am: Begin your day with a visit to the Rijksmuseum, home to masterpieces by Rembrandt, Vermeer, and other Dutch masters. Don’t miss the museum’s most famous work, Rembrandt’s “The Night Watch.”
- 10:30am-12:00pm: After the museum, take a break at the museum’s café or garden to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea.
- 12:00pm-1:00pm: Lunchtime! Head to the Foodhallen, a trendy food market with a variety of international cuisines to choose from.
- 1:00pm-4:00pm: Spend the afternoon at the Heineken Experience, a fun and interactive museum about Amsterdam’s famous beer. Learn about the brewing process and even get to try a few samples!
- 4:00pm-6:00pm: End your day with a visit to the Van Gogh Museum, which houses the largest collection of Van Gogh’s paintings in the world. Don’t miss his famous works, “Sunflowers” and “The Potato Eaters.”
- 9:00am-10:30am: Start your final day with a visit to the Vondelpark, Amsterdam’s largest park. Rent a bike and take a leisurely ride through the park’s winding paths and gardens.
- 10:30am-12:00pm: After the park, visit the Amsterdam Tulip Museum to learn about the city’s famous flower and its history.
- 12:00pm-1:00pm: Lunchtime! Head to a local café or restaurant to try some traditional Dutch dishes, such as stampot (mashed potatoes with vegetables) or hutspot (mashed potatoes with carrots).
- 1:00pm-4:00pm: Spend the afternoon exploring the Stedelijk Museum, which showcases modern and contemporary art from around the world. Don’t miss the museum’s collection of works by famous artists such as Warhol, Hockney, and Koons. After visiting the museum, take a break at the museum café to enjoy a cup of coffee or tea.
- 4:00pm-6:00pm: End your trip with a visit to the Red Light District, a unique and infamous neighborhood known for its sex work and nightlife. While there, be sure to respect the area and its residents.
Overall, this 3-day itinerary will allow you to experience the best of what Amsterdam has to offer. From its rich history and cultural landmarks to its delicious food and vibrant nightlife, there is something for everyone in this beautiful city. So grab your walking shoes and get ready to explore all that Amsterdam has to offer!